Commitment & Contract
Full-time, permanent or fixed-term, depending on seniority.
Milan, Italy. It’s fine if you sometimes prefer to work remotely. We offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for 12 weeks.
Our business is growing fast—in terms of headcount and international footprint. As such, the complexity of our corporate structure is increasing in tandem. That’s why our amazing Accounting, Finance & Compliance team needs your reliability, precision, and organizational skills. Discover what it’s like to give a concrete contribution within the context of a young, vibrant tech company.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Provide a high level of administrative support to management, legal counsels, HR, and finance colleagues. Thanks to your spectacular assistance, they can be completely focused on their tasks at hand.
- Give new Spooners, especially our foreign teammates, the greatest onboarding experience possible. From helping them to deal with local authorities for specific needs or visa purposes, to getting them set up with a bank account and apartment in Milan, you’ve got an absolutely crucial role to play.
- Organize meetings, calls, travel, and other key business activities involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Handle and store digital documentation to ensure a smart, fool-proof archive that can be navigated in a flash.
- Manage, coordinate, and support special projects as needed.
What We Offer
- Flexibility and trust. You’ll be one of the team and fully trusted. No micromanagement or clipping your wings. Just focus on doing a great job.
- Unique work environment. We’re one of the most exciting companies in Europe, and you’ll be able to experience firsthand what it's like to be one of us.
- People who lift each other up. We hire for talent and leave divas at the door. You'll find a group of truly talented Spooners who are eager to learn and teach their secrets. Reciprocal support and respect is everything—you’re unlikely to ever encounter a more harmonious crew.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn from some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Remote working, flexible schedule, and unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
- Top-of-the-market salary and stock options in a tech rocket ship. Our total compensation is top-notch and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible People Operations team organizes awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and two company-wide retreats per year. Recent destinations include Bali, Argentina, and Tanzania.
- Top-notch HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces... the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- Relocation package. To ease your move to Milan, the first three months of rent are on us. Visa support is provided for those who need it.
- The finest tools. You get the best hardware on the market and all the software you could need. We can't wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach and to our cutting-edge workflows.
What We Look For
- Accuracy and precision. Your attention to detail is so spot-on that the word “perfection” barely does it justice. Extra efforts are never needed after you’ve done your part.
- Reliability and diligence. You’re conscientious and can be depended on to carry out your duties with rigor. You’re energetic and persevere until the job is done, and done impeccably.
- Smarts and independence. No hand-holding here—you don’t sit around waiting for step-by-step instructions. Showing independence and initiative, you get to the core of what needs to be done and find a way to accomplish it.
- Interest in the topic. You have a penchant for administrative tasks and secretarial work, considering it just as stimulating and important as any other task we take on.
- Confidentiality. You care about confidentiality of personal information and have great judgment and tact in dealing with it.
- Humility. You’re eager to help and not at all picky on what tasks you’re asked to take on. You’re open to feedback and truly value the opinions of others.
- Availability in Milan. You’re based either in or near Milan, so that you can take action and reach local public offices at the drop of a hat.
- Fluent English and Italian. As this job involves both languages every day, you must speak, read, and write excellently in both English and Italian.
The Recruiting Process
If you successfully pass through our screening process, we'll invite you to take on a few tests aimed at assessing how you think and solve possibly unfamiliar problems. These tests don't require any prior knowledge, and they should take you a few hours to complete. If you're successful there, we'll invite you to some interviews—normally two or three—to get to know each other and figure out if it’s a good fit for both parties. There, we'll ask you some behavioral and problem-solving questions. The interviews are held remotely. To limit arbitrariness and human bias, Bending Spoons' hiring decisions are made by a hiring committee.